Saturday, February 12, 2011

Empty

As in my head. My head is empty.

I just spent forty minutes coming up with middle names for five characters (GOT 'EM!) and making sure I had the years right on a few birthdays.

I have several ideas for Netherground, but I just can't get them to come out! Mostly because the part I'm in right now came out of nowhere. Wasn't planned in any sort of way. It just... BAM! happened. Which.... I mean... I guess I like it, but I can't really decide for sure. I may end up taking it out completely. But I need it in a way for several something elses to happen. So, it's convenient, but it's not... I may have to figure out a different way to get to it. But if I do that, the thing that brought it on would have to end differently. And I REALLY suck at writing action scenes. They always end in a Let's Talk This Out! way... Which is good, I suppose. But... not when I need an action scene! More than just the one at the beginning... Maybe I should just read the Hunger Games. That'd be easier than this...

But I need to get this done... Maybe I'll go to the rewrite that I already kinda started. I'm not sure I like it either, because it completely changes DJ's back story... (I STILL need to work on Snazz's... Darn it! At least he has a freaking middle name now!) I need to figure something out with DJ's parents, too... They could use names. Maybe this is what I'll work on today. Because I don't see many words coming out. I'll just... figure out back stories, names, and birthdays. Yes... Yes, I like this plan. Very much so.

Whoo! I worked it out over blog post! That's great...

I'm procrastinating in case you can't tell.

I love Brandon Flowers... His songs are so freaking addicting... (I mean on his album, but the Killer's songs are addicting, too...)

I really like doing ellipses.... (<-- See? They're awesome...)

My Dad's friend called him earlier and his ring tone on my Dad's phone is the Imperial March. It was epic... We all agreed that it was epic. Anna's got me really liking Star Wars. Not as much as her (I don't think it'll ever be that much) but enough for me to ask my Mom if we could get the movies... And get excited when the Imperial March starts playing...

I played Scrabble with my dad and brother and came in second... Almost lost. To an eight year old. I didn't feel very writerly...

I was at Schlotzsky's earlier and they were playing Is There A Ghost by Band of Horses. It was kinda super awesome...
 
And it's my sister's birthday! Yay! You're legal now! ;)

I've really got to stop the blog post. I only seem to do these when I'm procrastinating writing. ~Sigh~

Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment