Saturday, February 5, 2011

I have no title...

I finally got past that scene in my book that was giving me oodles of trouble yesterday! It's not great, but it's about as it's going to get in a first draft. (Uhg! I have to write another draft?!) Anyway, that's finally over and done with and fairly satisfying. Except, now I don't know what to do next! Should I just jump right to the thing that the scene hints at? (Hints strongly. I probably shouldn't even call it a hint...) Or should I go through the motions of them getting ready/freaking out some more? I'm thinking just skipping... And then I can get to something even more excited. But that's going to be a challenge to write, I can already tell.

I had to stop writing for a minute so I could procrastinate -- which is why I'm doing another blog post. I even attempted mapping stuff out. I keep trying this even when I know I can't. Period. I have to write blindly. Like, I know more or less where I'm going, but I don't know how I'm getting there. That's something I figure out when I get there. I admit, it turns out fairly well when I'm writing with someone else, but not when I'm writing alone. It ends up changing the plot and I have to go back over and over and over and over... And that's a pain. I get that it comes with being a writer, but that doesn't make it any less of a pain.

Me comma button doesn't want to work... Only when I press on it really hard... That's another pain.

Odair thinks I want to listen to Metallica... Not that I don't want to, but the scene currently in the works doesn't go to well with that... Now, here in a minute... it will. Really, really well... (If you're curious, I'm currently listening to Seek & Destroy. It's kinda... dark. But that's Metallica for you, right?) Wow... it's insane how well this fits something that's about to happen... (There you go, Anna! Are you happy? You have a hint! As if you're not going to be reading it soon, anyway...)

I think I'm done for now... Ooh! I'm finally getting around to knitting that Slytherin scarf that got me wanting to knit in the first place! (Only two years later...) I got the yarn today! Yay!

Okay, I really am done now. I need to go work on Nethergroundyness stuff.

Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment